Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hellos and Goodbyes

My new best friend Ana and I drove to exit 109 today to say hello to some old friends. We stopped in Red Bank and had lunch with our classmate Aimee. Then all three of us headed to my old store- RRS Shrewsbury, a specialty running store that I spent two years managing. It's the first time I've been back since eagerly leaving for grad school.


It was great to go back and see some old familiar faces- especially Bob who happens to be my favorite person in the world. Yet I was also reminded of the leap of faith I took when I left, and the tremendous payoff. My new profession has turned out to be more rewarding than I ever imagined or hoped it would be, and I'm thankful everyday for the opportunities I've been afforded.


My visit to the store was like introducing my new life... to what I used to and could have been. It was surreal because if it wasn't for a twist of fate, that at the time seemed like such a big inconvenience- enough to make me want to take a drastic step in a different direction, I don't think I'd be where I am now. I'd be right where I was- standing still. That's fine for some, but I prefer a more action. Maybe that's another reason why I'm headed to Guatemala... who knows. What I do know is that I'm where I'm supposed to be right now.