Monday, July 19, 2010

Tuesday, July 13, 2010: Same Routine Plus an Interesting Dinner


Spanish in the am, then Casa Maria, discussion of our notes, and then home for dinner. My new host mom, Thelma served an interesting meal of pork, or chicken… Erika and I are still debating what it was. During the dinner, she asked us how we liked her family and if we thought she was as good of a cook as Marie. I said no… then I said something in Spanish to the effect of “she is nicer than you” which I didn’t mean to say but it’s a different language and I’m still learning.

Anyway, during dinner, Thelma told us that she “forgot” that she promised my room to a guy from Canada over a month ago, so maybe I could move in with Erika in 2 weeks… but still pay the same rate. She made a good case for her at least so I said I would think about it. I’m not really fond of moving downstairs though since everyone in the family shares the same bathroom, and I only share the upstairs room with one student. Also, if I’m paying for my own room, I want my own room. This is a job for Josie our coordinator… I have a feeling I’ll be moving again soon.